Saturday, June 12, 2010

Training, Saturday, June 12

First OFFICIAL Training Walk led by Elissa. We met at 7 AM at The Forum on Peachtree Parkway and walked 4 miles around The Forum and the neighborhood directly behind the Forum. It was a gorgeous neighborhood with lots of shade. Didn't do much to alleviate the heat, but still not too bad overall. ;)

Marilee joined me for this one and we met Elissa, Debbie and Melanie. They were AweSOME! ;) My leg pain struck again! ;( The new girls suggested I try a new pair of proper walking shoes...

SO... I did! ;) Tonight, I went to New Balance in Alpharetta where I learned that I have very high arches! Who knew! And purchased a very pricey pair of shoes and inserts (these almost cost as much as the shoes!) to protect my feet! They better have wings and make me float on air and walk on water for that price! ;)

I'm planning to try them out tomorrow AM for my first 6.2 mile walk! The Peachtree is now only weeks away! Whew!

0 comments: