Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Training, Tuesday, September 21

Our newest team member, Grace and I did a training walk last night. We walked 6 miles on the Alpharetta Greenway. It was a really good walk.



I'm not used to the new darkness schedule and it did get rather dark on those trails on our way back. Those last 2 miles felt endless in the dark woods.

As dusk was rapidly approaching, we came across a snake in the path. I nearly had a heart attack right there on the spot! Have no idea what kind he was. Didn't stop too ask and it was too dark to see. He was NOT there on our first pass through! Ugh. But it definately lit a fire under my toes and made me move a lot faster to get off the trail after that! ;)

Lesson learned! Bring a flashlight! And leave earlier! ;) Still a good walk!

0 comments: