Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The 2010 Boulder Dash 5k

Officially signed up to walk the 2010 Boulder Dash 5K on Saturday, May 1 at 9am.

Details of the Boulder Dash:

The Lafarge Quarry in Cumming, GA will host the Boulder Dash 5k on May 1, 2010. The Boulder Dash is a unique opportunity that awaits you to meander through an environmentally responsible, operational hard rock quarry. This is a 5k run/walk as you have never imagined. Begin your journey at Northside Hospital Forsyth and make your way into an active rock quarry.
And so my training continues... I was going to do an official training walk (3 miles) with the 3-Day group, but when my sister-in-law, Alisha suggested I join her for this event, I figured, it's still 3 miles of training and a great opportunity to get my feet wet! ;) But, I hope not literally! ;)

The Saturday following will be the Susan G. Komen 5K in Atlanta.

I'll be sure to post some photos in the coming weeks!

And I want to once again thank all my supporters for your donations! ;) I'm now up to $1,000 in GENEROUS donations! I have quite a few checks to mail into the Susan G. Komen foundation so my website will reflect my recent donations! THANK YOU so much! I'm almost halfway there!

0 comments: