Sunday, October 10, 2010

Force of Soles Celebrates Tutus for Tatas

My fellow teammate, Kelly who is Crewing Atlanta this year, met some Tutus. She owns, IT Factor, www.gotitfactor.com, image consulting. The Tutus for Tatas asked Kelly to help with their Taste of Hope 2010 fundraiser on October 9. The event consisted of a fashion show featuring breast cancer survivors and Kelly volunteered to help produce the show and provided the makeup artist for the models. I was invited to attend the event also.

I was overwhelmed when I arrived at The Bridge Church on Braselton Hwy. The positive vibe was immediate upon entering the church. And the ladies were all buzzing around preparing for their guests to soon arrive. There were too many vendors to count each offering a percentage on their days sales back to the Tutus. Then, Kelly took me back stage to introduce me to the some of the models and some of the Tutus. The models were so excited to be participating in this event. A few told me they were nervous, but they didn't show it.

I spent some time visiting the various booths and meeting many Tutus and attendees alike. I would up spending a small fortune of my own by the time the day ended... :) ooops... But, it's for a good cause right, honey!? heehee

Finally, it was time for the fashion show portion of the event. WOW... What a grand event! There was a very professional slide presentation running in the background and the host was very entertaining while he introduced each model. And along with Barb, the Captain (and founder) of the Tutus who described each model's attire. It was a great time.

Then, time for the cry fest! They put a beautiful presentation together to honor those who have been lost to breast cancer. They modified Maya Angelo's "We Speak Your Name". It was very moving... At the end, the audience was asked to stand up and honor our own lost soul... I stood up and proudly spoke, Janice Warren. Tears...

Thanks so much Tutus for allowing me to honor my aunt Janice. :)

0 comments: