Sunday, May 9, 2010

Susan G. Komen 5K, May 8, 2010

What a wonderful day! ;) I was so excited I woke up before the alarm went off and got up BEFORE the roosters! ;) Alisha came to our house to ride with us to Atlantic Station.

The race started at 8:30 AM. We arrived at Atlantic Station at 7 AM to meet up with my teammate Sally and her husband, Chuck. There were SOO many people there! Later, we found out 17,000 people came out to walk the 5K! WOW. Not to mention the thousands who were there just to support! ;)

Just in the nick of time, my other friend, Becky, arrived to join us for the 5K too! ;) We'd already made our way toward the starting line and was just waiting for our cue to begin walking. We soon discovered we were still in the midst of some runners and were literally getting run over for a few minutes! Whew! ;)

This course started in front of Atlantic Station just before the big yellow 17th Street bridge. Turned right onto Spring Street, turning left onto 5th Street for one block and turning back down West Peachtree Street to double back onto 17th Street were we ended in the BACK of Atlantic Station for a sponsor and exhibitor expo.

Andrew and I received our 5K Race T-Shirts and I'm proud to say I completed the walk in 1 hour, 7 minutes (with one mid-race pit stop). heehee

0 comments: